AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can students see in-line comments on assignments using their phones?

Question asked by Teeka James on Feb 16, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2018 by chofer@morainepark.edu

Most of my students do not have computers and are using Canvas via their smartphones. I want to make sure that my students can easily find and read the comments I give them on their assignments (in rubrics, in comments, in in-line annotations). I have been using Speed Grader for most homework marking, and students have been able to see the notes I leave in the comments box fairly easily. However, it's now ESSAY grading time, and I want to leave in-line comments and corrections. I really want to make sure my students have no trouble seeing that feedback.

They have submitted their papers to Turnitin (via Canvas), and I have the option to grade/comment on their papers through Turnitin's Feedback Studio and/or Canvas's Speed Grader. (Though I messed up and can only use the rubric through Turnitin this time, I have a workaround for it.)

My questions are these:

1. Will my comments and in-line corrections be easier for students to find and see via Feedback Studio or Speed Grader?
  2. Can students see in-line comments using the Canvas app on their phones? Does it make a difference, in this regard, if those comments are in Feedback Studio or Speed Grader?

Thank you so much!

---Teeka

Outcomes