AnsweredAssumed Answered

Automatically altering Assignment dates across Sections in the same Course

Question asked by Joel Ronchi on Feb 18, 2018

I thought to ask if anyone can point me in the right direction about how best to auto adjust Assessment available and due dates across different Sections in the same Course.   It may be easier to explain the outcome I am seeking, rather than what I’m trying to do.

The ideal scenario as follows:

1. We have a master course in CANVAS (ie FNS40815 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking) that includes as Modules and Assessments

1. This Master Course does not have any Start or End dates.  Assume there are 7 Modules in the Master Course FNS40815.

1. We create Sections in Canvas (CVS) that align with individual Occurrences in Vettrak (VT)

1. Let’s assume the Start Date of the first Section is 1st March 2018.

1. We then go through the Master Course (FNS40815) and for the FIRST Section only assign each Assessment an “Available From Date” and “Due Date” so that Assessment within each Module is Available on the 1st of each month, and due at the end of that month.

1. For example, Section 1 start date is 1st March 2018
  • Module 1 Assessments available from 1st April and due date is 30th April
  • Module 2 Assessments available from 1st May and due date is 31st May
  • etc

1. Once the first Section is finished, I then want to do the same for Section 2.  Assuming the start date for Section 2 is 1st April, the desired outcome would be:

1. For example, Section 2 start date is 1st April 2018
  • Module 1 Assessments available from 1st May and due date is 31st May
  • Module 2 Assessments available from 1st June and due date is 30th June
  • etc

I hope this make sense.

QUESTION:  What is the best way to replicate over dates from Section 1 to Section 2 for the Assessments (and all the way through to Section 7), and maintain the same consistency in timings, although the actual dates themselves will change?

QUESTION:  Is the above only possible if we set up ALL Modules, have a Start Date on the Master Course and then copy the course in to a new Course and select “Adjust events and due dates”. 

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes