AnsweredAssumed Answered

Late Policies, Resubmissions, and Excusing Assignments

Question asked by Susan Nugent Expert on Feb 21, 2018
Latest reply on May 10, 2018 by Kendal Warkentine

Issue 1: I had an instructor call me earlier today with new gradebook issue. She  had graded assignments earlier and one student make a resubmission. She has already entered a grade and doesn't want to change the grade. In the gradebook the document icon still displays but when viewing in student view, SpeedGrader, or grade detail tray the grade displays. It doesn't seem like the document icon can be removed. Has anyone else had an issue with this? 

Issue 2: In my demo course I have set missing and late policies. In one column I noticed that the missing policy had not been applied for assignment that the due date had passed. I edited the assignment and added an Until date which was the same as the due date. The students who didn't have submissions got a zero and it worked as I thought it would. I played some more and tried to excuse one student's assignment in this column. I could not do this. I tried changing the status directly in the column, using the grade detail tray. Nothing worked. Any idea why I couldn't change the status? 

Outcomes