AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why can't students view peer review info on the Assignment page when "On Paper" or "No Submission" is chosen?

Question asked by John (CA) Pryba on Feb 28, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 3, 2018 by John Pryba

Can someone explain why an On Paper or No Submission assignment won't show peer review info to students on the Assignment info page?

From How do I know if I have a peer review assignment to complete?

If your instructor has assigned an On Paper or No Submission assignment, the assigned peer review will not be displayed on this page. However, it can still be viewed from the Dashboard.

The issue with it being visible from the Dashboard is after they do the review, they can't get back in later on to look at the review. This is not an issue when there is a submission involved.

I'm going to tell our instructors to require some sort of submission -- even just a simple bit of text like a student typing in their name or something like "please give me a good review :-)". Then that should take care of the issue. However, it still doesn't answer my original question but simply provides a workaround of sorts.

Some may wonder what exactly we're reviewing when there is no submission involved. In this case, it's group members rating each other about their work on a particular project.

Any other thoughts on this? Thanks!

Outcomes