AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can you use a different grading scheme for different quizzes inside the same course?

Question asked by Kristine Hansen on Mar 9, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 by Kristine Hansen

I use grading schemes for my courses, they let you set a classification of your letter grades or a limit for "pass" in your course and it shows up automatically in the grade book.

The problem is that the grading scheme covers the total course and only grades the students total score in the grade book. This works fine in my courses with only one exam, but I have a course that has two multiple choice quizzes. In the first quiz the students need 100 % to pass and the second only 60 %, and they need to pass both quizzes to pass the course. Is it possible to assign two different grading shcemes to a course? One for each quiz?

Someone recommended I use the "Assignment Group" function, that alows you to group assignments or quizzes and weight them differently, for example if one assignment is worth more than another assignment, and you want one of them to count for 80 % of the total grade in the course and the other only 20 %. But that is not quite what I am looking for.

Does anyone know if you can use different grading schemes for different quizzes inside the same course?

Or does anyone know it I can use the "Assignment Group" function to achieve the same result?

Does anyone know if this is possible to do in the new quizzes.next?

Thank you for any advice.

Kristine.

Outcomes