AnsweredAssumed Answered

Speedgrader Audio Feedback "Connecting" Delay Problem

Question asked by Frank Paiano on Mar 27, 2018
Latest reply on Nov 5, 2018 by Frank Paiano

Dear Friends,

The ability to leave audio or audio/video feedback in the Speedgrader is a great boon for our students. (I use the audio only.) However, it is extremely frustrating to use. At times, there is no problem. Other times, the system will display a rotating clock and the word, "Connecting" for several seconds, sometimes minutes. There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason for when it will work in a reasonable fashion and when it won't. I have tried other computers with other operating systems and other microphones. Again, there is no way to know when the long periods of "Connecting" will appear. Is there anyone else who has had this problem? Does anyone have any idea what is the problem and how to fix it?

The system is still using Adobe Flash. The industry is moving away from Flash and replacing it with HTML 5. Is Canvas doing the same? I would really hate to have to give up this wonderful ability but it is becoming increasing frustrating to have to wait sometimes minutes for the system to respond.

Respectfully submitted,

Frank Paiano

Southwestern Community College

Chula Vista, California

Email: fpaiano@swccd.edu

URL: www.wonderprofessor.com

Outcomes