AnsweredAssumed Answered

What has happened to Individual Answer Feedback?

Question asked by Gideon Williams on Apr 11, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2018 by Todd Van Zandt

Hi. In your Help Guide for feedback for MC questions you state - 

In addition to general feedback, students will see all feedback comments relevant to their answer choices.

Is this not a little misleading for as far as I can tell, there are only two types of feedback - one for the correct answer and one for all wrong answers? 

Was there a reason for not continuing with the individual answer feedback comments that you had in the previous quiz design or am I missing something/have not selected an option?

Whilst I am really pleased that you have developed partial credit via the Vary Points by Answer feature, I think you have taken a step back by not keeping individualised feedback. I will now have to put feedback for each answer in the one wrong answer box which is not a great work around and presumably not a great user experience for the students?

I use quizzes a lot in my courses to test student misconception and like to have a range of answers that challenges students. In the previous quiz version I could not give partial credit only answer by answer feedback which was frustrating.

In the new quiz version I cannot understand why you have removed this feature as it makes a huge contribution to developing an effective online learning tool!

Please tell me that this is going to be brought back in future iterations!

Outcomes