AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changing Size of Video on Page

Question asked by Katie Skapin on Apr 18, 2018
Latest reply on May 10, 2018 by Niki Love

I need some help getting a video to look good on a Page. Is there a way to have the video play maximized (or 100% width) by default instead of having the small minimized preview (shown on left in screenshot)? When I add the video as a file to Modules, I get the nice, full-size view (shown on right in screenshot). Can I replicate this on a Page? 

Image showing embedded minimized video on Canvas page, versus the expanded view on the Files page

What I've tried:

• Using the "Insert/Edit Media" button in the RCE with the video's File link as the source. This works, as it lets me set the size, but removes the nice player with caption options & playback speed... which is needed for accessibility.
  • Attempting to iframe the video onto the Page. I can't figure out what the direct URL is for the video where it's stored in Canvas's Files area, so I can't get it to work.
  • Using the "Record/Upload Media" button to upload the video file, which places it on the page as a small minimized preview.

Has anyone managed to make this work? My alternatives are to take the videos out of Canvas's Files area and host them externally, then iframe them in. But with the extra amount of work involved in that, I was hoping to have the flexibility in Canvas to do so.

Outcomes