AnsweredAssumed Answered

If 'allow moderation' is checked when setting up an assignment, it appears that original marker's marks in Speedgrader are not available to students.  Is this correct

Question asked by Errol Muir on Apr 25, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 by Kona Jones

When setting up an assignment I checked the 'allow moderation' box.  I used Speedgrader to enter marks and comments. My students were unable to see my comments and the marks entered did not transfer to the Gradebook. I was able to enter the marks manually.  It appears that the moderation aspect requires a moderator to enter marks and comments or to accept the original marks and comments before these are available to students. The guidance (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-9978-4152477048 available and response received in case Canvas Case - 03048172 indicates this could be the case but implies a moderator's comments override the original comments, rather than saying this is essential.  Is this correct?  If so, then there needs to be a warning to this effect against the checkbox in the assignment setup page.  If not, then I need another explanation of why  my students could not see the  comments and the marks did not transfer from Gradebook and would appreciate advice.

Outcomes