AnsweredAssumed Answered

De-selected quizzes are importing anyway

Question asked by Tracey DeLillo Expert on Apr 30, 2018
Latest reply on May 3, 2018 by Tracey DeLillo

I'm working with an instructor who is attempting to copy most of his course content into another course, but wants to leave out certain exams. However, when he imports the course and de-selects those exams during the "select content" stage, the exams show up anyway.

The tl;dr - Has anyone experienced this, and know whether it's a bug or expected behavior? Is there a quick fix?

The exact steps:

• Export course from Course A
  • Go to Course B and Import Course Content > Content Type = Canvas Course Export Package > Select Specific Content > Import
  • During the "select content" part of the process, he selects every category, but goes into Quizzes and de-select the 6 exams he wants to leave out
  • The exams import anyway

I thought maybe the exams were still appearing because they're also listed in the Assignments category. So I tried it again, de-selecting the exams from both Quizzes and Assignments. They still imported.

Now, I should point out that he creates all of his quiz questions in question banks first, then builds the quizzes/exams to pull from the question banks. Could the existence of the question banks be forcing the import?

Tagging Canvas Admins (but didn't want to limit the question to that space)

Outcomes