Groups in student view

Jump to solution
sboyle4
Community Novice

How do I use the student setting to see groups? My assignments have staggered deadlines and I have divided my students into groups for those deadlines. However, when I switch to student view, I can't see any of the group deadlines I've assigned my students, probably because I cannot add myself to any of the groups. I know I can add an "everyone else" group to each assignment, but that doesn't really help me to see how smaller groups work. "Everyone else" pulls up all materials for that one assignment, rather than the materials that are targeted for a specific group. So, when I go into student view I want a way to check that what I want assigned to a group is what is actually displayed and what is NOT assigned is not displayed. Is there a way to do that? Or, alternatively, is there a way to assign the course instructor to student groups?

1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @sboyle4 

I think this guide might help you, but you are still viewing the groups as an instructor, and not as a student. Student View is no help with groups, because the Test Student cannot be enrolled in a group. https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12815-415255495 

I know that the ability to view group pages as the Test Student (enroll Test Student in Groups) has been requested in the past, but I am not seeing this feature idea right now.

Kelley

View solution in original post