I saw some old discussions about this, but I think Canvas has added some new steps to make it easier.
I provide a pre- and post- assessment for my physics students (called the Force Concept Inventory, or FCI). I turned it into a "Practice Quiz" on Canvas, because my main goal is to export the results and compare students knowledge on the two of them.
Here are the simple steps I found to do this:
- Go to Settings...Import Content
- Select the course you saved the quiz in. Check the following
- Select specific content
- Adjust events and due dates
- Remove dates
- Click the "Select Content" button
- Choose the quiz you want to copy, then click "Select Content"
- The next window will show the operation running
- When completed, you can go back to your quizzes and find the copied one. Note that the old version will have due dates and number of students who have completed it, but the quiz names will be the same. You probably want to change the name of your quizzes to make it clear which is pre and which is post.
Screenshots are visible below