One of my favorite features of Canvas is the peer-review feature. I use the peer-review feature to build community between the students, to encourage excellence, and to provide another way for the students to interact with the material. The students upload their work; they can see each others' work and comment on it. I do not use the peer-review feature to grade assignments. I do not need to assign a grade for these peer-reviewed assignments. (As a side note, I use the unrelated prerequisites feature to require students to complete the ungraded, peer-reviewed assignment.)
Because of the way I would like to use the peer-review feature, I have a minor issue.
Here is what I am doing:
In order to use the peer-review feature, I am creating an assignment, requiring a file upload.
- I set the points to zero.
- I would like to set the "Display Grade as" option to "Not graded." But, then I cannot require peer-review.
- Instead, I set the "Display Grade as" option to "Complete/Incomplete". This enables the peer-review option.
- I click the "Do not count this assignment towards the final grade."
- I then click on "Require peer reviews"
Here is the issue I have:
- The grade book is cluttered with multiple assignments, worth zero points, that do not count towards the final grade.
Here is my question:
- Is there a way to use the peer-review feature without there being a column generated (for zero-point assignments that do not count towards the final grade) in the grade book?