Migrating grades from one Canvas course to another

maguire
Community Champion

A useful program would be one that could migrate a student's grades from one Canvas course to another. For example, when the student has re-registered to complete a course - it would be very convenient for the teacher to be able to have the previous grades (for parts of the course) migrated into the new Canvas course. Unlike the question raised by  @help   in Migrating users/students from one canvas instance to another this Canvas course would be within the same instance of Canvas, but is simply another course. Note also that I am not suggesting migrating all of their submissions, just their grades for assignments and assignment groups.

Has anyone implemented such a program? What about automatically importing the student's grades from the earlier course via a SIS import from the grading records system?

[Based upon a program I am writing that takes grades from another system and creates the corresponding assignments, enrolls the students, and enters a grade (if one exists) for each student for each assignment; I do not think that this copying would be that hard to implement.]