Michael Williams

Canvas for Educator benefits versus nots

Discussion created by Michael Williams on Jul 11, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 by Kona Jones

So I have been using a custom instance of Moodle to teach my classes at an institution but considered using Canvas for Educators. I have used Canvas at another institution and really liked the ease of use but for this new institution since they use Jenzebar eLearn which I believe to get in the way of teaching I have opted to go a different route since I teach blended classes and are responsible for developing my own courses.  I assume that Canvas for Educator includes the things essential for educators to teach classes and benchmark the things needed for outcome assessment.  But I can't help but wonder what is it missing that I may get started using and realize at some point in a semester that maybe using Canvas for Educators was not such a good idea.  I see there are no blueprint courses so what happens if I teach the same courses and just want to easily template a developed course without rebuilding it every time?  Also, what am I losing with the new gradebook that is not on the list of things included with Canvas for Educators?

Outcomes