Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

InstructureCarn 2018 - Mobile View

Discussion created by Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu Champion on Jul 19, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 30, 2018 by Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu

Hi everyone! I just wanted to give a quick update on what to expect at InstructureCarn 2018. I hope to meet some of you we'll out in Keystone! 

Mobile Presentations: 

NOTE: This year won't have an Instructure lead mobile session. 

Canvas Mobile Apps, Not Just for Students Anymore - Community Link

3:25pm - 4:05pm - Wednesday Jul 25 - Torreys Peak 1-2

Presenters: Ryan Seilhamer & Kenneth Rogers

Let's explore a day in the life with Canvas Mobile apps which includes a real-world experience by students and teachers while on-the-go. This session will help teachers and designers better understand mobile use, optimize course content, communicate effectively, and create an awesome learning experience, anywhere.

More than an App: Shaping Your Digital Ecosystem with a Mobile Strategy

3:25pm - 4:05pm - Thursday Jul 26 - Crestone Peak 1-2

Presenters: Mogs Charlton & Ryan Seilhamer

App proliferation is everywhere — is your mobile campus app meeting the need? Deliver what students need and demand with a mobile strategy that targets and tailors experiences, with personalized communications when they are most relevant. Develop a holistic mobile strategy that brings together campus systems into one efficient ecosystem to support success across the entire student journey. Learn how Modo and the University of Central Florida partnered to create a complete campus system. You’ll walk away with an understanding of how to integrate Canvas and your mobile campus app, powered by Modo.

Three Big Feats for Canvas Conferences: Arc Integration, Analytics Integration, and a Mobile Client

4:20pm - 5:00pm - Wednesday Jul 25 - Crestone Peak 3-4

Canvas Conferences goes big with three new feats: an Arc integration to automatically publish your recordings to Arc, an analytics integration to give you detailed user statistics from your  sessions (attendance, participation, and engagement), and a mobile client to enable students to join from their mobile devices.

Meet the mobile team!

Meet the Mobile Product Manager (Peyton Craighill) and other members of the team at the product area at the main conference center. They'll be happy to talk all things mobile, electric cars, and your favorite soda. 

Swag? Yes! 

Kenneth Rogers and I will be giving out swag at our Wednesday presentation and have plenty of Super Panda stickers or magnets as well. Just find us and say the secret code "I survive on coffee and mobile" and we'll gladly hand one over. 

Outcomes