AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is a published quiz intended to be able to be unpublished after a person completes the quiz in Student View?

Question asked by David Loti on Jul 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2018 by David Loti

If a person such as an instructor completes a published quiz in Student View, in my observation of about a dozen attempts the quiz cannot be unpublished even after resetting the student in Student View.

However, it appears from Kelley L. Meeusen's comment earlier this month that if a person resets the student in Student View then the quiz can be unpublished. Are others able to unpublish a quiz after completing it in Student View and then resetting the student in Student View?

Thankfully I am aware of at least three workarounds if the published quiz completed in Student View cannot be unpublished. However now I am more interested in understanding the intended functionality and why different users are experiencing different outcomes. I would like to communicate the intended functionality to instructors at our university. Is a published quiz intended to be able to be unpublished after a person completes the quiz in Student View?

Note: This refers to the standard quiz tool.

Outcomes