AnsweredAssumed Answered

Using peer reviews for students' group project pages?

Question asked by Carla Reisch on Jul 21, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2018 by lewisale@missouri.edu

My students are currently doing group projects where each student creates a separate wiki page (to be graded individually) within their group. I wanted to set up peer reviews so that each group member has to review another group member's project page. However, as I went to create this particular assignment, I realized that this was not likely to work out the way I had envisioned. First, the wiki pages in their group areas can't be "submitted" to the assignment, so I'm not really sure how that's going to show up since I have to choose "no submission". Secondly, I'm not entirely sure that checking "allow intra-group peer reviews" will ensure that peer reviews will be assigned to only students within the same group (yes? maybe?). I'm just not sure that students will understand what is going on when they are assigned peer reviews. Where will they leave comments if there is no submission (other than the wiki page that can't be submitted)? I'm trying to avoid lengthy, complicated instructions as a substitute for not being able to set up the assignment in a workable way. 

I'm starting to think I just have to set this up as a group discussion assignment and manually enter points for students reviewing their group mates' pages. I was hoping to do the peer review assignment so that I could attach a rubric to make it easier for students to review the pages, but realized I can't attach a rubric, because it's a "no submission" assignment. 

Outcomes