AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quiz open and due dates/times are not in the same formats in Modules and Quizzes.  Why is this so?

Question asked by Roy Havenhill on Jul 27, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 5, 2018 by Kona Jones

I have noticed that the open and close dates and times for a quiz are not the same when accessed from the Module tool and from the Quizzes tool.  The former gives only the due date (no time) while the latter gives both an open and due date with a time for the due date.  It does not matter whether the student view has direct access to the quizzes (as opposed to viewing them in a module) or not.  Why is this the case?

This is the Module view which shows only the due date and total points:

View of title for Exam 1a from the Module view

This is the Quizzes view which shows both open and due dates (with the latter's closing time and number of questions) :

View of title for Exam 1a from the Quizzes view (has both open and close information)

It does not matter whether the student has access to the Quizzes tool or not, the date/time discrepancies remain the same.  I have kept the Quizzes tool hidden from the students so access is available only through the appropriate Module.  But then, this robs the student of a first view of all of the date/time schedule (there are subsequent views of this data that occur a click or two later).

P.S.  I have noticed that some of the quizzes are not exactly in sequence when viewed via the Quizzes tool (e.g., Exams 1a, 1b, 1c are correctly sequenced in the Modules view but in the Quizzes view their sequence is 1b, 1c, 1a.  

Roy Havenhill

Outcomes