Below is my attempt to summarize the benefits of the new gradebook for faculty members while avoiding the TL;DR pitfall. I'm auditioning it here in hopes of having others point out what I may have missed or gotten wrong.
The new gradebook in Canvas adds the following capabilities:
- View grade columns for a particular assignment group or module (or section) by itself. (These constraints can be used in combination.)
- Hide columns for unpublished assignments
- Sort column by grade value or status (missing or late)
- Order columns alphabetically, or by due date, points, or module
- Set late (or missing) policies that are applied automatically
(If you like it, feel free to borrow.)