AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to filter access to a completed quiz after a class has completed it in real time

Question asked by Angelo La Rocco on Aug 15, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2018 by Kona Jones

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a way to restrict access to an exam or quiz by only allowing certain IP addresses to access the exam, especially if you want to release the correct answer(s) and rationale to the students right after the exam has been completed? I know there is an IP filter when creating an exam, but I don't know if that also applies to release the correct answers.

Currently, the setting only allows a specific timed period to review and close the exam. The student may view it at home or with any device that has internet access instead of restricting it to only certain computers with a specific IP address.  I am concerned about test security since an instructor cannot be present to ensure exam integrity if it's released for all to see at anytime.

My goal with this idea: Students take a quiz or exam in a computer lab with assigned IP addresses. From those assigned IP addresses, it would only allow the students to take the exam there, and after the entire class has completed the exam,  students that choose stay at the designated computer lab would be allowed access to the correct answers.

Since the students commute from various distances to the main campus, I would like to make it easier for the students to view their exams without compromising test security and to avoid the scheduling conflicts between the instructor and student. 

I appreciate any insight you can provide about this idea/suggestion.  Thank you.

Angelo

Outcomes