AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assign an activity extension to "Student, Test"?

Question asked by Tabitha Bailey on Aug 23, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2018 by Kona Jones

In a college course, I have an introductory forum in Module 1 that has now locked based on Until date (census date has passed for this class and I cannot let new students start the class at this point). The intro forum is set as a requirement for this module. Module 2 has a prerequisite of completing Module 1. 

This works as expected for locking down the class to provide auditor data; however, when I try to use Student View now in the class, the Test Student has not completed the introductory forum... and I cannot post in the forum as Test Student because the Until date is passed.

I thought at first, "no problem, I will grant a deadline extension to Test Student." But when I went to edit the forum using the "+Add" under Assign, it seems Test Student does NOT actually show up as a user to assign to! (Considering the Test Student forum posts actually show up for all users, the Test Student shows up in the gradebook, etc., this seems especially strange.)

Is there a work-around for this? Am I missing something?

I hate to play with dates for all of the students since this is a live class, but I would like to be able to continue previewing future assignments in the course (or even just truly confirm what the extension looks like from a student's perspective).

Thanks.

Outcomes