I am using a late submission policy with my grade book and it doesn't seem to work the way I think it should and I am looking for some clarification or help.
I have an assignment that uses an external resources for homework (WileyPLUS) with multiple questions due on Friday at 11:59pm. I am using a late policy that deducts 10% for each day that the assignment is late.
- The student accesses the assignment several days before Friday
- submits answers to a single question in the assignment
- The student access the assignment several days after Friday
- submits answers to the remaining questions in the assignment
- The student is never marked late and receives no point deduction
Generally my students seem to have found a loophole in the late submission policy. Is there a way to close it? Is this a bug or feature? Any guidance would be appreciated.