AnsweredAssumed Answered

Regrading questions linked to a question bank?

Question asked by John Morris on Jul 6, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 by Kona Jones

I have created a multiple-choice quiz using questions from three different question banks. When administering the quiz, we discovered a mis-keyed question -- that is, one answer was marked as correct and it should have been a different answer. While I can "correct" the question in the bank, it appears I cannot ask Canvas to apply this revised key to the already administered quiz. Additionally, according to this article, "Quiz regrade does not apply to questions linked to a question bank since questions may be used in more than one question bank."

The specific question was randomly assigned to 29 students and, due to the error, all need to be rescored. If Canvas won't "regrade", because of how I configured the quiz, it appears "moderating" or adding "fudge points" is an option... but, opening all 44 attempts and using CTRL+F to find the students who received this question seems tedious and prone to mistakes. Alternatively, I can ask my students to self-identify... but that feels like admitting defeat to the whims of Instructure's design team...

Is there a way for me to quickly and confidently identify the 29 students who received this question? Must I correct all of these manually in the Gradebook? What options do I have? Help!

Outcomes