Today, I have a question about Canvas grading – I feel like I’m having to grade a lot of these assignments TWICE. Below, I try to provide a step-by-step description of my grading process:
- First, I go to Canvas grades
- With the first student, I click on the “more details in SpeedGrader” link – this allows me to post a score for each student and leave a comment (if I so desire).
- After I grade each student, I click on the right-pointing arrow in the upper right-handed corner of the page – this will take me to the next student’s submission.
- In this manner, I proceed down the list of students – it works!
Here is my problem:
- After I grade an entire column of student submissions, I have to GO BACK and re-submit the grades.
- I’m always asked to “update grade.”
- This means I submit the grades TWICE.
Here is my question:
- Can you help me eliminate this second step to grading?
- Can you help me become more time-efficient in my grading process?
Please let me know. I’ve planned a lot of assignments this semester for a lot of classes. If I could be more efficient with my time, I could invest more effort in my feedback to each student.
Thank you for all you do.