AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best way(s) to create a video submission assignment where the submissions are public?

Question asked by Solomon Klein on Sep 7, 2018

Hello,

I have been working with a professor who would like to create an assignment in Canvas in which the students will be recording short videos of themselves as the submission, and he would like other students to be able to view the submissions as well. I know how to create a an assignment with video submissions, but as far as I can tell there is no way to make regular assignment submissions publicly available (short of downloading them and posting them elsewhere). I had the idea of creating a Graded Discussion and instructing the students to submit their videos as replies - this would make the videos public and allow the professor to still grade using the Speedgrader, but it might also "muck up" the Speedgrader with students' non-video submissions (i.e. if students use the thread to also discuss things rather than only posting their videos). The third, more complicated option would be to create a regular video submission assignment to ensure that students are submitting properly, and then also creating a discussion thread solely for the purpose of sharing the videos publicly.

Are there any better options that I haven't considered for creating this sort of assignment?

Thanks!

Outcomes