Remove "Test Student"

Jump to solution
gosnellw1
Community Novice

I would like to remove the "test student" from my roster on canvas?  Canvas keeps including this in my grades and statistics.

Thank you,

Will Gosnell

2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @gosnellw1  ,  Welcome  to the Canvas community!

Yes, yes you can, and it is quite easy! I seldom bother, because I am the only one who sees this student, and HeSheIt is always at the bottom of the grade book. You do this by going to the Sections tab in Settings, scrolling down to Test Student, and deleting them.

But, according to the following guide How do I view a course using a test student? ,

Submissions and scores for the Test Student do not affect course analytics.

Learn more at How do I view enrollments in a course section? 

Now did that make your Friday, or what?!?

Kelley

View solution in original post

Hello @perdomo_toni ...

Just to confirm the steps you are taking in your Canvas course:

1. Click on Settings.
  2. Click on the Sections tab.
  3. Under the Course Sections heading, click on the name of the section that has actual student and the Test Student role.
  4. Under the Current Enrollments heading, find the Student, Test user which has a long string of alpha-numeric characters.  Hover over Student, Test, and you should see a red and white X icon to the right of it to Remove User from Section.

Following these steps should remove the Test Student role from your course.  However, if you choose to view the course again using the Test Student option [How do I view a course as a test student using Stu... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)], then the Test Student role will re-appear in your course, and you'll have to remove it again using the four steps I've outlined above.  If, for some reason, you are unable to remove the Test Student from your course, then I would recommend that you reach out to folks at your school...such as your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.

Hope this helps a bit.  Keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post