AnsweredAssumed Answered

Question banks with multiple questions per stimulus

Question asked by Kevin West on Sep 16, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 17, 2018 by Eric Werth

Please help:

I would like to efficiently make some practice quizzes using imported question banks, but here are my challenges-

• I have question banks of multiple choice questions, with each question connected to a stimulus (a written excerpt, an image, a chart, etc.).  Each stimulus has 3-6 questions that correlate to it.
  • I would like to make some quizzes of 8-12 questions for my students, but using only 2-3 stimulus.  I don't want them to have to read 10 different stimulus to complete a 10 question quiz. 
  • I would like randomly pull questions, so students can take the same quiz a couple of times without seeing the exact same questions repeatedly. 
  • I would like all the questions about the same stimulus to be together in the quiz.  For example, questions 1-3 would be about the same document, questions 4-8 would be about the same chart, etc.

Best solution I can come up with is the following:

1. Make a question bank in Canvas of 3-6 questions, all with the same stimulus
  2. Make a second question bank in Canvas of 3-6 questions from a shared stimulus, but different than the questions and stimulus from the first bank.
  3. Make a practice quiz
  4. Create a question group that pulls 4 questions from the first question bank.
  5. Create a second question group that pulls 4 questions from the second question bank.

As you can see, this really wouldn't provide much question variety, and I would have to make multiple quizzes to utilize all of my available questions.  If you know of a better way to get this done, please respond.  Please and thank you!

quiz

create question banks

Outcomes