How would you as an instructor provide "teaching presence" for an online course using Canvas?
In the past I have used a blog inside our VLE with weekly / bi-weekly posts to set expectations and feedback / summarise discussions and other learning activities.
Canvas does not provide a blogging tool so I am wondering where should I be positing these updates, as:
- a discussion, with regular posts?
- a series of announcements?
- a weekly conversation post / message?
- a page with regular updates?
- an external tool? ... though I am keen to keep things inside Canvas
... something else altogether
I can see pros and cons for each approach, e.g. visibility, navigation, notifications and ability to comment. I have already found some interesting resources related but not identical to this question, inside and outside the community, e.g.
- Student Blogging
- Blogs, Wikis and Journal in Canvas: Blackboard to Canvas Migration
- Announcements/Discussions/Conversations: Getting Started with Canvas - Instructor
... but any additional ideas / thoughts would be welcome!