AnsweredAssumed Answered

Assigning same grade to all Group members for a Discussion Assignment.

Question asked by Michael Maguire on Sep 22, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 23, 2018 by Kona Jones

Just checking in to see if Canvas has made any progress toward resolving this issue. 

I just launched a semester-long small group project for one of my community-based learning courses.  Of the multiple components to this complex assignment, each small group (and its members) contributes to weekly  discussions as a reflection activity on their engagement with their community partner.

Canvas provides the capacity for me to set up small group Discussions.  Also, Canvas provides the capacity for me to make the Discussions a group assignment.  It still does not make sense to me that, unlike other Group Assignments,  Canvas does not have the capacity for me to grade the Group Discussion by assigning the same grade to each student in the group.  With 44 students in 11 small groups submitting weekly posts over the next 12 weeks, it sure would help with efficiency if Canvas could resolve this issue.  Unless, of course, there's either been a resolution or someone has a work-around I haven't thought of .  Thanks for any insights/ideas.

Outcomes