AnsweredAssumed Answered

Group Assignment - Students are submitting a individual draft then their group paper but the individual draft is not showing the correct student's submission.

Question asked by admin_klbecke1 on Sep 25, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2018 by Ken Black

The individual draft paper submitted by a student in the group is not the correct student submission in Speedgrader. It is another in their groupset. Why would this be occurring? The instructor is frustrated that this is not working.

Resolution to instructor:

Determined that when an assignment is assigned to a group set, the assignments being submitted are not showing under the correct student. However, in the group homepage, I can see the correct submissions in the Files section of the group site.

**NOTE: I researched Canvas guides "Q&A" and were unable to determine why this is occurring.

As a workaround: She is going to create an individual draft assignment based on the group assignment "Ch3: Harrison Case ASD" DUE TO the fact that the individual submissions were not appearing correctly in Speedgrader they are being stripped out.

---

From instructor:

I have a group assignment for doing a case-study.
Students should be submitting an individual draft and then a group paper.

Problem: For some, this is working fine, for others, when they submit, it is kicking out the other person's draft. I am confused as to what is going on and need urgent help.

Outcomes