I tried to report this to Support but they were more interested in quibbling over whether or not this is a "bug".
We have some courses that are created through an SIS import for our schools in which all of the faculty are students in the course and the principal is the teacher of the course. Sometimes the principal wants one of the faculty members to also be a teacher in the course so they can assist with the course management. The principal will add them as a teacher in the People section or edit their role to a teacher. The problem then is that the teacher is added as a student again when the SIS import runs. If a user is enrolled as both a teacher and student it shows the student view of the quiz instead of allowing them create the quiz.
Description of the Bug:
- Users enrolled as a student and teacher in the same course can only see the student view of Quizzes.Next
- This is different behavior than the previous Quizzes and is also different than the way other Assignments are created. The teacher role typically allows all teacher rights to that item.
Steps to Reproduce:
Enroll a user as a student and teacher in the same course.
- While logged in as that user, click on Assignments and choose to create a "Quiz/Test".
- Fill in the details and click Save.
- The screen will now show what the student would see if the quiz was published instead of the edit screen that a teacher would see.