Gina Smith

Canvas Admin Seeking Employment

Discussion created by Gina Smith on Sep 29, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2018 by Gina Smith

I am guessing some of you have heard, while others have not, that Harrison College abruptly closed its doors two weeks ago not only leaving our students panicked to find places to continue their education but staff scrambling to find other employment. I thought this might be a good place for me to network considering we all have 1) a love for helping students further their education, and 2) Canvas in common. Since I am not sure how much longer I will have credentials to this site, I want to first share my personal email: smithgkm@sbcglobal.net and my LinkedIn account: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gina-smith-b218619/  Please feel free to reach out and connect with me on LinkedIn.

In a nutshell, I have been in the LMS/education business for 12 years: 3 years at ANGEL Learning; 3 at Blackboard and 6 at Harrison College. I am very adaptable and a quick learner so I always remain flexible and keep an open mind about opportunities - IT is where I have to most experience, project management, data analysis, process improvements, and strategic planning are where my passions for learning have been over the past several years. Working on my Six Sigma Green Belt currently and hope to take my PMP Certification in the next year. I thrive in fast-paced, mentally stimulating and challenging environments. I am attaching my resume. I can also get you references if requested. If you know of any companies where I might align or even folks who are open to having networking conversations that might open up other contacts, I would appreciate them.

Thanks you all and I will miss working with this amazing group of individuals!

Gina Smith

Attachments

Outcomes