AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dashboard / Courses Menu logic

Question asked by Peter Hess on Oct 2, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 10, 2018 by Peter Hess

I have a few questions about the logic by which Course sites are automatically added or not added to the Courses Menu and Dashboard.  To be clear, I'm not talking about customizing the list by clicking on stars to turn them on or off.  I'm familiar with that.

Questions:

Are newly created courses that a user is enrolled in automatically added to that person's Courses menu  (assuming the site is published and current)?  Does the answer to this depend on whether the list has been customized by the user (that there are some sites that the user has "starred")?

If a user is newly enrolled in an existing site, is that site automatically added to the person's Courses menu (assuming the site is published and current)?  Does the answer to this depend on whether the list has been customized by the user?

Is there a limit to the number of courses that will be added to a user's Courses Menu and Dashboard? Does the answer to this depend on whether the list has been customized by the user?   (And if there is a limit, what is it?) 

Are there any Courses menu customizations - other than customizing by clicking on stars - that can be done either by the user, or in course settings,  or at the account level?  I assume I would have already run across them if such exist, but Canvas is full of surprises.

Are the answers to these questions anywhere in the documentation? (If so, pointer please.)

Any other insights you'd like to share or related feature requests you'd like to point to?

Outcomes