Mastery Paths - Escape Room Questions

Jump to solution
akinsey
Community Contributor

Hi all!

I was inspired by Escape the Room: Canvas Carnival course to create a professional development course for the instructors at our institution. It's been a LOT of fun to build and use some different technologies and fun thoughts from InstructureCon 2018‌. However, I'm running into an issue with our Mastery Path setup.

I have the Mastery Path quiz set up to unlock three different modules of various content, similar to the example Escape the Room Course demoed at InstCon. However, even though I have the requirements set up, all of the modules are unlocking and allowing the student to access the final module before completing all the tasks throughout the Mastery Path. Here's a Loom video I made that demonstrates what I'm talking about: Loom 

So - any thoughts or ideas on how I can get this fixed or what I could change? I sent it into Canvas Support, but it seems that this is all working according to design. Thoughts?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
akinsey
Community Contributor

Thanks all! We've had a successful launch of the course. I heard back from Canvas Support that what I was trying to do isn't currently supported with Mastery Paths in Canvas, but it is something they are working towards. So good news/bad news. 

However, I just built in a LOT of reminders for instructors to remind them to complete all three modules before moving to the final one, and it worked great.

Thanks for all your helpful thought son this one!

View solution in original post