Blueprint Courses: Overwriting Content

Jump to solution
dlourcey
Instructure
Instructure

This is my first time using Blueprint courses for our district. So, I started small. I created a blueprint course for our online professional learning course template. I associated 5 courses with this Blueprint and pushed out that template to those courses.

Included is a Syllabus template. After I synced changes our developers started personalizing the syllabus for their respective OPL course. I have to make a change to the syllabus to reflect some consistent information about Technology Requirements needed across all of these associated courses. If I sync this change in the template, will it overwrite the personalized information they started creating in their syllabus section for their course?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi Don Lourcey,

I've got a small blueprint and associated course test thing going and I just tried your scenario.

a. edited the syllabus in the associated course

b. edited the syllabus in the blueprint course

c. pushed the Sync button for the 1 change in the blueprint course

d. checked the syllabus in the associated course ....

Unfortunately, once folks start editing/customizing the Syllabus, they are stuck with their own changes. Any updates you make in the Blueprint course will not push/override to the associated courses that have had their Syllabus pages edited/changed. You may have to email the instructors the added information to update their Syllabus pages.

Good luck,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post