Bobby Pedersen

After the instructor guides, what is the next best source of information?

Discussion created by Bobby Pedersen on Oct 5, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 16, 2018 by scottd@instructure.com

At the recent CanvasCon in Sydney we were asked a series of questions. As there was not enough time to answer them all live we have begun a series attempting to answer a few here. 

But Community is all about people, your input to the discussions will assist everyone so much, so please feel free to add your thoughts and experiences.

After the instructor guides, what is the next best source of information?

I like this question. It really depends on your need, available time, or personality I think.

Here are some of my favourite sources of info finding:

Groups that I used a lot to start with were K-12  and Canvas User Engagement 

• Profile. I’ve set my Canvas Community profile up to access the most recent News easily. It can also be access by clicking the drop down arrow next to Browse – one of the options is News. All sorts of things pop up there that I may never have thought about but are often quite interesting. Questions, blogs, discussions, announcements on all sorts of Canvasy things.
  • CanvasLIVE. This can be a wee challenge when living Down Under as many of the CanvasLIVE  events take place as we sleep. Commitment involved for those who are keen. But even if you can’t make a session register your interest then you will be informed when a recording is available. There’s nothing like a real person explaining things.
  • People. I have met, and followed, some fascinating people in the Canvas Community. And I appreciate the way that people from all over the world collaborate in such friendly ways. The opportunity to learn from others, no matter where they are, and glean wisdom from their teaching adventures never ceases to enthral me.

Those are my favs. What are yours? And why?

Many thanks to Scott Dennis for his support during CanvasCon and this Canvascon Q&AStuart Ryan and Jayde Colquhoun fellow panelists, and the wonderful Barrett Doran for being the MC. 

Outcomes