Cory Bildfell

Is it possible to get analytics from multiple sub-accounts?

Discussion created by Cory Bildfell on Oct 9, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2018 by Neal Shebeck

Hello everyone. 

I'm currently creating an organizational structure for sub-accounts for my school's Canvas account. We've only been using it for a couple years but it is growing quickly, so the need for sub-accounts is obvious. It seems the best practice for universities is to organize by department (that way you can authorize administrators at the sub-account level that correspond to staff in certain departments). However, I'd like to have the ability to see analytics by program (ex. Bachelor's degree, graduate students, masters of marketing, etc..). From what I can tell so far, you can only view analytics by sub-account category. Is there any way to view analytics from a combination of sub-accounts? That way we could organize our sub-accounts by department (business, psychology, economics), and then also get analytics by program (undergrad = business + psychology + economics). 

Any other advice for this situation? I can add that my organization has a subscription to Dropout Detective... Are there any extra analytics options there? 

Outcomes