AnsweredAssumed Answered

"Remove points from rubric" still takes into account points when selecting ratings

Question asked by Solomon Klein on Oct 17, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2018 by Kona Jones

Hi,

I have an instructor who uses non-grading rubrics in his assessments. He found that when he went to choose the ratings in the rubric while using the SpeedGrader, it would select all the cells in the criterion row. Anyway, I figured out the problem - he had all the ratings set to be worth zero points (c.f. When a rubric contains criteria ratings with equivalent point values, selecting one highlights all). My question is: why does the system care about point values when I've chosen the "Remove points from rubric" option? That's likely to cause a lot of confusion, since it seems to imply that the system is now ignoring point values altogether (as the instructor likely is). I would understand if you wanted to hide point values from students but still use the rubric for grading, but the "Remove points from rubric" option is exclusive from the "Use this rubric for assignment grading" option, so it seems like an assignment can't even be set up that way.

Thanks!

Outcomes