AnsweredAssumed Answered

SCORM version?

Question asked by Rob Elliott on Jul 21, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 22, 2015 by Rob Elliott

Can anyone confirm what version of SCORM is supported by Canvas?

I ask because I've tried two separate assessments (one in SCORM 1.2 and one in SCORM 2004) but the score being reported back is the percentage - not the raw score.

I'd like to be able to create assessments that are automatically graded but are not worth 100 points.

I created a sample quiz in Captivate worth 5 points.  When I export it as SCORM 2004, nowhere in the settings does it give an option about what type of score to report.  When I upload it to Canvas and set it as a graded Assignment, the default value is 100.  I edited the Assignment to make it worth 5 points.  After a user takes the assessment, however, the score in the Gradebook is the percentage and not the raw score.  A user who got 3/5 on the quiz gets a 60 in the Gradebook, even if the point value is set to 5.

I did the same thing again (using Captivate), and this time publishing the assessment as SCORM 1.2 and explicitly setting "Data to Report" as "Points" and not "Percentage."  However the results in Canvas were the same -- a user who scores 4/5 on the quiz gets 80 points in the Gradebook.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Captivate, but I'd just like to know exactly what I'm dealing with before I do much more digging.

Thank you!

Rob

Outcomes