Submitted assignment is missing

Jump to solution
djohnson379
Community Novice

I submitted an assignment through the assignments module in my Business 20 class. After I submitted my assignment I realized I needed to provide my links and sites used for the assignment. Now the only thing the teach and I can see is the second submission which is only my sites and not my written project. 

HELP! How can I find my original assignment, since I did not save into a WORD document. I simply wrote my paper from my notes right in the CANVAS portal. Did the second submission override or delete my original work?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @djohnson379  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you re-submit an assignment to your instructor, students are not able to see previous submissions of that assignment.  However, an instructor always has the ability to view the most current submission and any past submissions a student has made to a given assignment.  This is all covered in Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments?.  So, be assured that even though you cannot access your first submission to the assignment, your instructor has more-than-likely received the submission on his/her end.

And, as a side note, be sure that you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser of choice when navigating around the Canvas environment.  You will have a better browsing experience with either Chrome or Firefox compared to Internet Explorer and Edge.  This is especially true when it comes time to submit assignments to your instructor.  Some things don't work as well (such as assignment submissions) using IE or Edge, so Chrome or Firefox is recommended.

View solution in original post