AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sharing issue in ARC

Question asked by Kevin Wagenmaker on Oct 26, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 29, 2018 by Kona Jones

I have an Instructor (Instructor A) who recorded a training using ARC and would like to share the video with another Instructor (Instructor B). When we - I was helping Instructor A - went to share, Instructor B would not show up as a share option. Many other instructors were showing up as share options but not the one we needed. 

I did some reading on this and found that the user needs to visit their ARC area to confirm their account. I did this for Instructor B (masquerade); still no luck. I went back in as Instructor A and noticed that several other instructors were not showing up as share options as well. 

I then masquerade as another instructor that was not showing up as a share option. I visited their ARC area to confirm it and then went back in as Instructor A. This Instructor showed up as a share option.  

Still no option to share with Instructor B. 

In the meantime, I had done 2 Canvas support chats. 

I then went into my ARC account and shared a video with Instructor B. (She shows up as a share option for me - I'm an admin). I then masquerade as Instructor B and viewed the video I had shared hoping this would do something. I returned to Instructor A (masquerade). Still, no luck finding Instructor B as a share option. 

Lastly, I masquerade as Instructor B, added a video to their ARC account and attempted to share that video with Instructor A. Instructor A does not show up as a share option for Instructor B. 

Other things:

• Both Instructors are in the same root account.
  • Both Instructors are enrolled in active Canvas courses as Instructors. 

I'm stumped on this. Any ideas would be great!

Outcomes