I am hoping that you can give me some ideas here, or at least alleviate my fears.
- We only add students in our SIS to Canvas
- We use an LDAP system for authentication and only users in our SIS is in the LDAP
- Assessment department wants to go to different high schools to give English and math assessments using Canvas
- Assessment department will have no advance notice of who the students will be that take the tests until it is time to give the test.
- These students will not be in our SIS system
- These students will not be in our LDAP system
The only way that I can think of to accommodate this request is to use either open or self-registration. I don't want to open that hole to the world. Do any of you great folks have a better idea, or can you give me reasons why I should not worry about open or self-registration?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.