Quiz grades disappeared after reopening of quiz for late submission

Jump to solution
mariann_lai
Community Novice

I had to reopen a quiz for a student that needed to take it late which seemed to cause all the previous students' quiz grades to disappear from my quiz book and now only shows that 1 student as submission.  While the quiz still has the historical data of submission and I can download their results, how do I get their grades back on the grade center?

2 Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Hi Mariann,

I think I know exactly what you did.  In the Assign To section of the quiz I am guessing that you removed Everyone and inserted just that one student along with changing the dates.  What happed when you did this is that you now have assigned the quiz to JUST THAT STUDENT.  Since the quiz is no longer assigned to everyone else, the grades are gone and you'll find you can't even manually enter grades in the Grades area for them.

Here is what you should have done (for future reference) and how to fix it.

• In the Assign section, click the + Add button at the bottom to get a 2nd set of due dates. 
  • Add the student into that section with the different date parameters.  The Everyone above should now read Everyone Else.
  • Save the Quiz

You can actually set as many different due dates as you want this way and it works the same with Assignments and Graded Discussions.

297661_pastedImage_2.png

To fix your existing quiz, set up your quiz like I just described but add back in the Everyone with the old dates.  Once you save the quiz it should bring back all of the results.  However, you may find that in the Gradebook they all display a Rocketship instead of a grade.  If that is the case you'll want to go into Speedgrader for the quiz and for each student click the Update Grade button at the bottom left part of the screen.  

Rick

View solution in original post