AnsweredAssumed Answered

Attempt due date, custom quiz location, and a whole lot of new feature ideas

Question asked by Kelvin Dean on Nov 28, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2018 by Eric Werth

In the original Quizzes tool, just beneath the time running section, there's a field for when the quiz will be due [3], as you can see here.

Image result for canvas quiz meant to be

However, in Quizzes.Next, there isn't one. I want it to look similar to this. Furthermore, could you please add the fields to create a custom location for a testing center?

Status

As you can see, the Attempt Due shows two due dates, due to the fact that the course's time zone and the student's time zone are different. The Time Remaining shows the approximate time until the Attempt Due date (or lock due date). In this picture, we use the lock date as the due date, which is June 26, 2019.

The Location shows the place where the quiz is being held at. You can give your location a nickname, just like you do with courses. For this example, I used the Quiz Bowl Tent, which reminds me of the circus theme at InstructureCarn 2018, because circuses take place under a big top (aka tent).
The Address shows the physical address of the venue. You can just enter N/A if you don't want to provide an address.

Linking Course Content

Still, there is no way to link course content with Quizzes.Next, but if there's one, I would link it to an event from the course calendar. One can get to it just by clicking the View Event button just beneath the corresponding post that links to this event.

Additional Question Types

I really want new question types to appear in Quizzes.Next.

• Multiple Choice: Add numbers like 1-2-3-4, A-B-C-D, F-G-H-J, and W-X-Y-Z
  • Quiz Bowl (not yet added as a question type): This reminds me of the Science Bowl. Toss-up questions are shown first, with a bonus question appearing if the student answers correctly on the toss-up question. Multiple-choice questions are usually W-X-Y-Z based.

Quizzes.Next Time Running

(Ignore the Begin button, because the student has already started the quiz!)

Outcomes