AnsweredAssumed Answered

Badgr and QR Codes

Question asked by Michelle Lamberson on Dec 6, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2018 by Michelle Lamberson

I have a question that I'm not sure will be answerable... but I'll try anyway!

We have implemented a new makerspace at our institution, and are developing a badging/education program alongside of it.  The first series of badges are designed to help people become progressively more skilled in safe operation of the diverse tools made available to users. The most fundamental topic is of course, safety, and we want to ensure that students have completed online training prior to taking in-person training. Students can bring their badges on their phones, of course, but we wondered if there was also a way to somehow to have a unique QR code associated with a badge, so that we could scan them easily to enable them to be admitted, and possibly eventually be used to be able to gain access to the machines. 

I now that there are people that have developed badges through other systems that do this type of thing, but we would like to tie this to the fact that they received one of our badges. 

I'm curious if anyone has done this.  Is there a unique identifier for each badge that could be tied to the person and generate a QR code that could be validated. 

I hope that made sense?

Michelle Lamberson
UBC Okanagan.

Outcomes