AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating a quiz question which automatically grades anything students write as a correct answer:

Question asked by Forrest Fleischman on Jan 20, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2019 by Kona Jones

In my class, each reading is accompanied by a brief quiz which asks students a series of multiple choice questions about the reading. The final question for each quiz is always: "What was the most important thing you learned from this reading." Obviously there is no correct answer to this question. I have too many students to manually grade their responses. I am actually migrating these quizzes from a different LMS (Moodle), and in that system I could include a place holder in the answer for a fill-in-the-blank type question of *. With this defined as the "correct" answer, Moodle counted anything a student wrote as correct (i.e. as long as they did not leave the question blank, they got credit). Is there any way to do something similar in Canvas?

I am aware that I can create surveys which give students credit as long as they respond to the survey. This is *not* what I want to do because it would necesitate splitting my existing assignment in to 2 separate assignments, which will only create unnecessary confusion (and extra work) for my students.

Outcomes