AnsweredAssumed Answered

a student CHECKLIST??? for tasks completed in a module

Question asked by Keith Folse on Jan 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 by Jennifer Carpenter

A few years ago, I completed a free online course on Corpus Linguistics through a university in the U.K. The course was excellent, and taking that course as a student -- not just perusing one module or one assignment as our professor training at my university required -- really made me aware of many aspects of online teaching/learning.

One of the best features of that course was that every module had a sort of "timeline" or "checklist" arrow at the very beginning of the module.  If it was Module 3 and it had 6 tasks (3a, 3b, 3c, 3d, 3e, 3f), then imagine a long line with an arrow head on both ends, but this timeline was divided into 6 rectangles labeled with the tasks 3a, 3b, etc.

As I completed each task, the corresponding part of the timeline was colored in.  Thus, if 3a was an opening intro to the module that maybe required me to choose A, B, C, or D for the best summary of the module intro, then when I had clicked the answer (regardless of whether it was right or wrong, just COMPLETED), then 3a would color in with dark blue, for example.

So if I closed out the course and then came back in an hour later, it was SUPER CLEAR where I should start:  3b -- because all the other areas had been filled in (3a in this case).

Does ANYONE know how to do this in Canvas????

Thanks!

Keith / Florida

Outcomes