AnsweredAssumed Answered

Glitch within individual groups on canvas?

Question asked by Nandini Krishnaswamy on Jan 31, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2019 by Nandini Krishnaswamy

When my class has a team project, I set up a discussion prompt in the individual group areas for my class. I give points for participation when students in the group engage in a discussion on the topic.

To check for participation, I access the individual group page. And when I click into the individual group, under 'Recent Activity', which is the main display on the homepage, it says '1 Discussion'. It shows only the discussion thread that I had created. It does not list any other threads that a student in the group may have created that has more recent activity.  

But when I click on 'Discussions' on the list that appears on the left-side on the group page, I can then see other threads that students have created within the group.

So after I create a thread, if a student then creates another thread instead of responding in the thread I had created, it does not show up under 'Recent Activity'. 

This is misleading because if I do not know to look for separate threads by clicking into 'Discussions' (on the list on the left side within the group) and instead rely on what is listed on the homepage under "Recent Activity', then this does not let me know that a students are engaging in a discussion.

Is this a glitch or is there a way to fix what appears under Recent Activity to actually reflect all recent activity?

Thank you for your assistance!

Outcomes