AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with changing Discussion status

Question asked by John Kirkland on Feb 4, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2019 by Kona Jones

A work-around:  I'm designing a multi-module course which has many discussion topics.  My work-around for organising these was to place them all as pinned.  What a pain in the butt getting them there; first, having to copy-paste into Discussions (where they are automatically unpinned), then secondly, of shifting them all to the pinned area one by one.  It took hours.  OK - here's my little problem.  I now have over a hundred Discussions. My plan is to make these available for each topic/module by switching their published status. I also want to affect changes with opening and closing comments. If I click on a discussion near the bottom of this long list (on those three vertical dots at extreme right) then suddenly I am transported to the top of the entire listing and have to then scroll down manually to where I want to make a change.  To say this is tedious is too polite. Yet, sometimes, the cursor stays at the correct site location enabling me to make a change in the open/closed switch there and then.  What gives?  What's the trick for not having the cursor jump to the list's top.

Suggestions and comments for sorting this out are welcomed.  Cheers

Outcomes